100 Canadian songs of all time.
- New Orleans is Sinking by a band we call the Hip
- Heart of Gold, Neil Young
- Nothing to Lose – Billy Talent. The best song ever about
a kid in high school who gets picked on and keeps a notebook.
- American Woman – The Guess Who.
- Takin’ Care of Business – BTO. Uh, quintessential,
- Nautical Disaster by the best Canadian singer and band
- Hasn’t Hit me Yet – Blue Rodeo
- Old Man - Neil Young. Canada’s greatest songwriter, on
only a slightly higher echelon than Gord Downie; arguably.
- 4 am – Our Lady Peace. Everybody has a favorite Our Lady
- Tom Sawyer- Rush.
- Sundown – Gordon Lightfoot
- We’re here for a Good time- Trooper. So have a good
time, the sun can’t shine everyday. And the sun is shinin’ in this crazy city.
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car. A song that had nothing at
all to do with Paul Bernardo.
- Wheat Kings- I love this band, still.
- Hand in Pocket – Alanis Morrissette
- Nobody’s Fool – the girl we call Avril
- Apparitions – Matthew Good
- Life – OLP
- Fifty Mission Cap –TTH
- You Aint Seen Nothin’ Yet – BTO
- Nobody’s Home – Avril Lavigne.
- Red Flag – BT
- After the Goldrush – Neil
- Blow at High Dough. Woah, baby! I feel fine! I’m pretty
sure it’s gen-u-ine!
- You Oughta Know – Alanis Morrissette
- Take me to the Kaptin- Prism
- Coulda Been a Lady – April Wine
- Load Me Up – Matthew Good
- New Mother Nature/No Sugar Tonight – The Guess Who
- I will give you Everything - Skydiggers
- Naveed – OLP. Before they went pop.
- Starseed- OLP. I never realized before that these two
- Hundredth Meridian – Tragically Hip
- One Gun – 5440
- Share the Land - The Guess Who
- Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald – Gord Lightfoot
- Sunday Morning– k-os
- Flames to Dust – Nelly Furtado.
- Hey Hey My My – Neil Young
- Up on Cripple Creek – The Band – come on, they are not
technically Canadian. What does that mean, anyway?
- Night Flights – Max Webster
- Lager and Ale – Kim Mitchell. How come no one else has a
song about beer and beer only?
- Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West
- Casual Viewing – 5440
- All I Really Want – Alanis
- Complicated – Avril
- It’s Not Funny Anymore – Crash Vegas
- Springtime in Vienna – Gord! ….and the Hip
- April Wine - Bad Side of the Moon.
- Boys in the Bright White Sportscar – Trooper
- Cubically Contained – the Headstones
- Bud the Spud – Stompin’ Tom
- Bobcaygeon – the Hip
- Wake Up – Arcade Fire
- Hard Road – Sam Roberts
- Use It – New Pornographers
- Smile and Wave - Headstones
- Surfin’ on Heroin - Headpins
- Underwhelmed – Sloan
- These Eyes- The Guess Who
- Everything is Automatic – Matt Good
- Canadian Dream – Sam Roberts
- Sugar Mountain - Neil Young
- Helpless – Neil Young
- 38 Years Old - Hip
- Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell
- Make me do Anything you Want – Foot in Coldwater
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd. They also are not
- Oh What a Feeling! Lighthouse
- Goin’ Right Outta my head – Junkhouse
- Breathe – Nelly Furtado and Swollen Members
- Ahead by a Century – Hip
- Spirit of Radio - Rush
- Hey You - BTO
- Fallen Leaves – Billy Talent
- Rebellion (Lies) – Arcade Fire
- Strange Days – Matthew Good
- Leave – The Tragically Hip
- Spaceship Superstar – Prism
- Fireworks – The Hip
- Fly at Night – Chilliwack
- Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out) – Arcade Fire
- I Like to Rock – April Wine
- Roller – April Wine
- One Night in Copenhagen – The Hip
- This Suffering - Billy Talent.
- Symbolistic White Walls – Matt Good
- New World Man – Rush
- I’m Like a Bird - Nelly Furtado
- Raise a Little Hell – Trooper
- Chancellor – Gord Downie
- Things I do for Money – Northern Pikes
- Till I am Myself Again – Blue Rodeo
- Susanne – Leonard Cohen
- Spinning Wheel – Blood Sweat and Tears
- Lines You Amend – Sloan
- One Day in Your Life – 5440
- Antichrist Television Blues – Arcade Fire
- Political – Spirit of the West
- It’s a Good Life if You Don’t Weaken – The Tragically